Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Friday, February 11, 2011

36 Week Appointment

Yesterday morning, I had my first "weekly" appointment. Matt was able to go with me...in uniform. I have to say, it worked out well. The doctor's office must have my chart flagged with a big yellow sticker or something because they had already rearranged nurses so that we wouldn't have to deal with Ms. Police Phobia Lady when I got there.

The appointment went well. The baby is measuring like he should. The heart beat is good. He sure is active. Matt and I have watched quite a few of his "shows" this week. We call them "shows" because they really are entertaining. In these "shows," he wiggles like a worm from one side of my stomach to the other...sometimes sticking his butt out or other times giving us some jab movements. The other night, he would not stop with his movements when I was trying to sleep. It was rather comical, however also mildly on the painful side. When Matt put his hand on my belly, he would very gently kick Matt's hand...and when Matt removed his hand, it was back to crazy active dude. Sooo Matt was nice enough to lend his hand for the night and place it on my belly. I was able to go to sleep with a gentle little movement instead of the alternative. What a good hubby!

I had my first internal exam. I have heard alot of people say that it is really painful. I didn't experience any pain. I'm not dilated yet, but I am 50% effaced which means my body is getting ready :) Yippeeee.

I've been feeling well for the most part. I've definitely been much more run down in the evenings than I had been in prior weeks. My weight gain is up about 34 pounds or so. It fluctuates. I love weighing myself (if love is a word I could use to describe any "weighing" procedure) in the mornings. I dislike it in the evenings. I haven't noticed too much swelling. I've had upper back pain and this week, I've had period type cramps in my back. I believe I had a couple of contractions on Monday night wheN I was trying to sleep (stomach tightening and then releasing) but it went away within a couple of minutes. I haven't had anything since then.

Matt's prediction is that we have the baby by February 28th. It is just a feeling he has. My prediction is maybe March 7th or 8th...but then again, I could go a week past my due date so you never know! The baby is head down and is low. The last two times I have gone in to the doctor's office, they always make it a point to tell me how low his head is.

Soooo we'll see. I'm just thankful that the head is down and not breach! If you made it to the end of this, thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Sounds great! Owen just moved down at 38 weeks so you are progressing. It is amazing that our bodies just know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. I read that one line as "he wouldn't stop his movements when I was trying to put him to sleep". And I was thinking- umm, Jess, you can't really put a baby to bed when they're still in your belly. :)

    I can't believe your cervix check wasn't painful! That's great. I dreaded those so much each week-- they always hurt me a ton.

    You're almost there, momma! Only a few more weeks to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooo exciting! you are so close!! i know it might feel like forever in the last weeks, but that little guy will be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah so great! If Matt is right you can have an anniversary baby :)

    ReplyDelete