Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life Changes in a Blink...

The morning started off like any other morning! Tyler got up, got dressed, and headed over to his bookshelf to read some books! I took a personal day off from work so that Matt and I could have a day to ourselves. We took Tyler to day-care, but snapped this picture first!



On our day off together, Matt and I went to the pool to spend the day relaxing. While we were there, we talked about life. We talked about our own hopes for the future, but we also talked about our own hopes for eachother. We talked about how difficult it was to have time for eachother and how difficult it was for me to have time for myself. We talked about finding ways for Matt to be able to help more and talked about finding ways for me to be able to have more personal time for myself, such as being able to go to the gym. It was a good day.

Flash forward about 15 hours...

I just dropped Tyler off to day-care and am headed back to work after a relaxing day off at the pool. I got a call from Matt, telling me that he is on his way to the emergency room by ambulance after hurting his shoulder while he is lifting weights. He says, "I really think it is bad." I immediately tell him that I am on my way. I call work and tell them that I don't think I'll be in for the rest of the day.

He wasn't kidding when he said, "I really think it is bad."

This is what it looks like to tear your pectoral tendon and to tear your shoulder labrum. This was taken in the first several days after it happened. As time went on, the bruise got larger and eventually ran all the way down his arm. I stayed home with Matt for the rest of the week, taking him to various doctor's appointments. When we saw the surgeon, he knew instantly that Matt would need surgery to repair it. I'll spare you the details of our workman's comp and insurance issues, however the surgery was finally scheduled for July 10, 2012.

Why does that date sound familiar? It is my birthday, of course. While some expressed sadness that I would have to spend my birthday in a surgical waiting room, I was relieved. Quite honestly, I knew early on into Matt's injury that having a husband that is unable to do anything and taking care of a toddler at the same time would not be easy. I knew that the greatest gift of all would be to start the healing process for Matt, for myself and for our family! :)

It can all change in a blink. One minute...Matt and I were relaxing at the pool and planning our upcoming weeks. The next minute...we were left scrambling, wondering how we would manage at all, let alone manage our previously made plans. Oh, life. You sure do keep us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment