Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

To The Hospital We Go

Everything went very smoothly. I checked in and paid my co-payment. I must admit that this seemed weird. It certainly wasn’t the secretary’s fault; however I couldn’t help but feel slightly angry towards him for asking me for money at a time like this. He was doing his job, however I would have paid him 100 times more if he could have changed the situation. Once I was checked in, I was taken to pre-op to get ready for surgery. I changed into my gown and Matt stayed in the room with me, sitting in the recliner chair, watching television. I remember thinking how glad I was that he was there with me. The anesthesiologist met me shortly after to start my IV. I met with the physician that was going to do the procedure and before I knew it, I was being pushed back into another room. I barely remember sliding onto another bed, before resting comfortably.

When I woke up, Matt was right by my side. He had just come back from getting my medication and was so attentive. The nurse gave me some gingerale and peanut butter crackers. Amazingly, I was hungry. I hadn’t eaten well for a few weeks before this due to the food aversions, so I enjoyed having Matt feed me crackers that I actually enjoyed eating. I must admit, I did have two snack bags of crackers. After spending time in recovery, I was finally ready to go. Matt pulled the car up and I was taken by wheelchair outside. On the way home, I was still feeling hungry. For those who know me, you know I love to eat. I asked Matt if we could pick up a cheese pizza. He was concerned about me eating a cheese pizza after anesthesia, however gave into my strong desire for real food. Let me tell you...the pizza tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment