Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Will You Be My Husband?!

While we were in Virginia for the Christmas holiday, we realized that Matt didn't have his wedding band on. He does not wear it to work or when he is working outside, so if you know him at all, than you know that his wear time is limited! He always leaves his ring on top of the jewelery box so we figured that he forgot to put it on before leaving for Virginia and we expected to find it waiting there when we got back. When we got home, I noticed that the ring was not there. We searched every day, several times a day, for that ring. At first, it was more frustrating than anything ie: "Where is it? I know it is laying around here somewhere." The frustration turned more into sadness when we realized that we had searched every possible place and it was gone.

Matt losing his band was more emotional than I had thought it would be. We tried to remind ourselves of all of the people we know that have lost them, however it didn't take away the fact that he would never again have the band that we exchanged on our wedding day. We had talked about getting a replacement, but hadn't done it yet.



Fast Forward.

So Matt is working nights. I always miss him but I especially do when he is working nights. I mean, while the dogs do keep me company, I'm not a huge fan of being alone on the weekends from 6pm to 6am. I was thinking of him last night and decided to pull a "dating" move. I got out my card box, found one that I probably had purchased in college but had never used and wrote it out. I remembered that he had been wanting the Eric Church CD ever since we saw him in concert this past fall. I purchased the CD and left it and the card on his night stand so he would see it when he got home in the morning.




This morning came and as he was climbing in bed to sleep the day away and prepare for another night shift, he found himself surprised and excited about the gift left for him on the night stand. When he was leaving for work this evening, he asked me if I could move my car so that he could drive his black truck. Matt has two trucks. I know, I know. Lucky guy. He had been driving his white truck to work, but the CD player doesn't work so he wanted to drive his black one so he could listen to the CD.

I move my car and then hang out by his truck as he moves his items from his white truck to his black truck. He had left the truck doors open in the black truck so he could quickly load his items in. As he was shifting some things around in the front seat, I glanced in the back seat and my jaw dropped. There it was. A wedding band. THE WEDDING BAND. The platinum wedding band that I slipped onto Matt's finger on our wedding day.

I quickly grabbed it. Matt was still rummaging around in the front seat. I said, "MATT!" He replied, "What??" He probably thought I was about to tell him something of little value at a time that he was rushing to get to work. I said, "Will you be my husband?" He immediately turned around and looked at me. He had a huge smile on his face and said, "You found it?!" I held it up in front of him. He quickly grabbed it and slid it on his finger. Then, at the same time, we came towards eachother and gave eachother a big hug and kiss. We both could not stop smiling and laughing.



If you made it to the end, I'm impressed. How purposeful today was. If Matt wasn't working the night shift, I would not have been missing him as much. I wouldn't have written the card or purchased the CD. He would have driven his white truck to work tonight because he would have had no reason to switch trucks for a CD that he didn't have. If he hadn't have had to rummage around his truck, he wouldn't have put the center console up which must have flung the ring to the back seat.

I seriously love that moment. Love Love Love It. Always will. March 9th is our due date. March 10th is our anniversary. L.O.V.E. this day and Matt :)

5 comments:

  1. After 3 weeks without the ring, I thought it was a gonner. Thanks again for finding it and for the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie!! Great news!! Shows how a sweet thoughtful gift brings even better rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jess you seriously had me crying over this Post! you are the best wifey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a well written heartfelt blog... one of those that makes you sit, read, cry and say...live really can be the best! Jess... so glad life is so good for you and Matt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was meant to be a happy new beginning to a great love story still unfolding one minute at a time!!

    ReplyDelete