How far along: 23 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 13 pounds
Maternity clothes: I just ordered a bunch of clothes from Old Navy. It is exciting to wear new clothing! I'm wearing all maternity clothes for the most part. My shirts still fit, but they are way too short.
Best moment this week: Going to prenatal water aerobics - I just love that class!
Gender: BOY!
Belly button in or out?: Wide Wide Wide
Craving: STILL no cravings! I still have food aversions at night but I'm eating much better for breakfast/lunch. I did have a dream the other day that the government was handing out individually wrapped wine flavored twizzlers that said "vino" on them? Perhaps this was a craving - wine and twizzlers?
What I miss: I'm not missing much right now. I'm feeling very content.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing family and friends at the baby shower on November 20th in Virginia!
Milestones: FINALLY starting to look definitely pregnant. I'd so much rather look like I'm pregnant than like I was in a binge eating competition :)
I had my regular follow-up appointment today. I had been feeling nervous for two days or so, as I had gone through a period of feeling alot of movement and then hadn't been feeling any recently. So what do I do? Of course, I go online and google "23 weeks and not feeling the baby" and read all of these comments about how this is when other women discovered that they had lost their baby. Why do I do this to myself?!
So moving on, all went well. I explained my concern to the doctor and he did find it odd that I wasn't feeling any movements. After checking with the doppler, he was able to find the heart rate instantly and he was also able to hear the baby's movements and a few kicks, even though I still didn't feel them. He said that some people feel the movements differently. He said that some people swear by drinking Sierra Mist to get the baby to move around, if they haven't been feeling the baby. Even though the drink is cafeeine free, he said people say it really works. I'm not at that stage yet.
The doctor measured my stomach and said everything seems to be going perfectly. I was glad to hear that. I have had moments of doubt, particularly when someone tells me on a daily basis that they either 1)Do not believe I look pregnant enough. I have learend that everyone has an opinion to offer when you are pregnant. Take this for example:
I went to get my eyebrows waxed yesterday. As I am leaving, the eyebrow woman says, "So are you having a boy or a girl?" I respond, "a boy." She says, "Oh yes, definitely. I think the boy will definitely look like you!"
Why thank you, woman that has never even met my husband. What an insightful guess! You just may be right and you just may not be right.
Anyways, my next appointment is on Dec 3rd. I also have the glucose testing on that day. I'm feeling relaxed, calm and excited! :)
New Years {resolutions, of sorts}
9 years ago
so glad the appointment went well!!! Stay away from the internet when you have concerns. You have friends and family (as well as a very good dr) for that. So buy yourself some Sierra Mist and RELAX!!!!!! cannot wait to see you at the shower.
ReplyDeleteI request more photos please! I wish I could come to the shower! Love ya :)
ReplyDeleteI swear people think it is a compliment to say "you don't look pregnant"; I hate it! I want to look pregnant and have the world know there is the precious person that is forming. I second the request for photos! :) Have fun at your shower!!!
ReplyDelete