Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Three Day Gettaway...

Matt and I met while we were in college. Our friends knew we were both single and (let's be honest), in their drunken state, felt we would make the perfect match. They awkwardly created opportunities for us to "bump" into eachother one night and we have been together ever since! We got married five years ago and I love thinking about that day!
We decided to get away for a couple of days (without little man). My mom was gracious enough to watch Tyler and quite frankly, wouldn't have had it any other way. We went to Asheville for some much needed rest and relaxation! We had an amazing time! We started our vacation in Hot Springs, NC. The views on the drive there were really nice. There were snow flurries! We relaxed in 100 plus degree mineral water along the French Broad River, laughed, talked and enjoyed being together.
From there, we headed to Asheville, NC. We stayed here:
Let me tell you a little story about this place. I was searching for the perfect (but reasonable) place for us to spend our anniversary trip. I stumbled across this place. I was impressed with the price and pictures so I booked it. Afterwards, I read some reviews that I wasn't crazy about (loud road noise, paper thin walls). I instantly called the place back to cancel our reservation. The owner asked politely why I was cancelling when I had just reserved it several minutes earlier. I told him my concerns. He offered his opinion of the Brookstone being a great place to stay. I told him I would think about it, however wanted to cancel for now. Approximately one hour later, I checked my email...and there was a personal email from the owner. He provided us with a voucher for a free two night stay, on him, if we would give his hotel a shot. Amazing! We did stay there and had no complaints! Once we got settled in, we headed downtown for some dinner. Here is a picture of our first meal and it was delicious:
From there, we hopped around to different breweries. This one was my favorite. We bought a growler to bring home with us.
The next morning, we woke up and headed to the Biltmore Estate (an 8,000 acre estate that is said to be the largest home in America). No pictures are allowed inside the estate, but we did capture some outside shots:
Yes, I did take a picture of that ice cream. If you tasted it, you would want a visual to remember it by too!
Since we visited the estate in early March, there were not any flowers in bloom yet. They do have an amazing greenhouse, where these pictures were taken:
We went to the Antler Hill Winery (on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate). Since we were there during off season, we were one of the only couples in the tasting room! This meant lots of tasting :)
On our last day, we walked around the town of Asheville. There were a couple of places I wanted to eat at so we went with our appetites. See these? Yep. Homemade chips. There was a menu with a variety of flavors. Delicous. Seriously, delicious.
I saved the best picture for last. What is this, you ask? Chocolate. Not just any chocolate. The most creamy, rich chocolate you have ever tasted in your life. Served on a platter. Yes, please. I also bought a box of sea salt with caramel chocolates, my favorite. I have asked Matt to order these chocolates for me on special occasions. We'll see. I know one thing: I'll be waiting.
The trip was fantastic and just what we needed. It has been over a year since we have been alone together and everyone needs that. In case there was any doubt: Yes, we missed Tyler. Yes, we checked up on him a little too much.

2 comments:

  1. so glad my favorite blogger has returned!!!!! and in case you don't know, I am availale for sitting any time. Who wouldn't want to spend time with that cute little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful way to spend your 5th anniversary! looks like it was so fun! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete