So the fetal doppler and I didn't get along so well in the beginning. Our friendship was seriously on the rocks and the poor doppler was at the verge of being tossed at someone or something! I mean, who knew that a little thing could be so complicated? How was I supposed to know that I could pick up the sound of my own heart or blood flow? I didn't even think about the major artery running through my abdomen and that the swish of the blood could pick up on that trusty old doppler!
After some good research (ie: hubby reading manual, watching you tube videos, etc.) we were able to pick up the heartbeat! I had no idea how low the probe has to be to pick up the heartbeat! What a musical sound! Oh doppler, I love you.
I haven't become too
obsessed dependent with the doppler, however it definitely helps to put my mind at ease. I plan to check every week or so, but no more frequent than that. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh :)
No comments:
Post a Comment