Powered by Blogger.

22 Months Old

21 Months Old

20 Months Old

19 Months Old

18 Months Old

17 Months Old

16 Months Old

15 Months Old

14 Months Old

13 Months Old

12 Months Old

11 Months Old

10 Months Old

Nine Months Old

Eight Months Old

Seven Months Old

Six Months Old

Five Months Old

Four Months Old

Three Months Old

Two Months Old

One Month Old

Three Weeks Old

Two Weeks Old

One Week Old

Two Days Old

Baby F: Ready For Entrance Into The World

Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Not Telling...

Conflicted. That is what I am. I haven't told my family about the pregnancy, with the exception of my younger sister, Jaime. I mainly told her for two reasons initially, 1) She bought me tickets to a Tim Mcgraw Concert in July, along with a bottle of wine and a six pack of beer. Clearly, alcohol and pregnancy do not mix. I am also not afraid to admit that it would be unlikely for me to accept this gift and not use it in normal circumstances 2) I traveled with her in late July to the bourben infested city of Loisville for her birthday. Come on, I felt the need to explain myself!

Complicating matters if the fact that my twin sister, Jen, and I are about 6 weeks apart with our pregnancies (I know, how amazing!) I am about 9 weeks pregnant and she is about 15 weeks pregnant. First, I am so excited. My mind wanders to what it would be like to experience a pregnancy together, as well as to have our kids grow up so close in age. I quickly stop myself from these thoughts, desperately not wanting to get too far ahead of myself. I am simply not comfortable telling them yet. If something happens with this pregnancy (I know I shouldn't think this way, but I do. How could I not? It has happened to me before) then I do not want to create an opportunity for them to pity me initially, until I can get through it myself. I fear that any news of another miscarriage would completely take away the excitement and joy from Jen and the rest of the family. Right or wrong, it is how I feel.

I justtify my decision with this blog. While they have not been able to share in my weekly experiences of pregancy yet, they will (hopefully) have the opportunity to read this blog in a few weeks and get caught up.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on FB about your sister being pregnant too. I didn't realize you hadn't told them yet, but I totally understand where you're coming from. Of course you're guarded after all you've been through! Anyone would be in your situation. I didn't share our news with anyone other than family until I was 17 weeks along because I was also so cautious. I hope that, over the next few weeks, you start to feel more relaxed & then feel comfortable sharing your news. How exciting that you & your twin sister will have babies right around the same age!

    ReplyDelete