We went to Topsail Island for a week with my family. We stayed at an oceanfront house and literally could see the ocean in every part of the house (when we ate, when we watched television, when we went to sleep and on and on). The weather was perfect. The water was clear. The shell and shark teeth hunting was plentiful. The company was fantastic. The week, in one word, could be summed up to nothing short of paradise. Here is the week in review!
This is right before we were getting ready to leave. We left around 7:30am on Saturday morning. It is only a 3 1/2 hour drive for us so I can't complain!
Right before we got to the beach, we stopped at Harris Teeter to pick up some groceries for the week!
Grammy and Grandpa met us at the beach!
Take a look at Tyler's "beach" attire. No, I didn't put him in a bathing suit on his first trip out to the beach. Quite honestly, I didn't think he would want to be anywhere near the beach, let alone sit in the sand and get in the water. I was wrong! Tyler was a huge fan of the water!
Story time, of course. This is a must in our routine!
Another beach day in the sand...
Family shot :)
Complete beach boy...
One of many sunsets!
I mean, who wouldn't be this happy if they woke up to the ocean every morning!?
This pool was great. Tyler was totally fearless in the water, so the only way to keep him contained was by putting him in this little pool. He liked when we found him some shells and put them in his pool. He liked finding the shells, picking them up and putting them in a cup.
One of our many playground dates!
Snuggle time with Ungle Girair and Auntie Jaime
Fun at the playground!
This is the sight of one tired little boy.
Relaxation and peace at its finest!
This picture was taken from our beach house. The lower deck by the ocean had a cabana with a picnic table. It also had some nice chairs. I liked having my hot tea out here in the morning! The weather was perfect. Most days, it was in the low 80's. We only had one day of rain and it worked to our advantage. We used the day to collect shells, go shopping and search for sharks teeth! Combined, we found well over 100 sharks teeth along the shore line!
There were a number of great playgrounds so we took advantage after Tyler's naptime!
This was taken on the last night that we were at the beach. We were supposed to take "family pictures." Unfortunately, I waited too long. By the time I got Tyler outside, it was around 6:00pm. Anyone with kids knows that the best time to accomplish a task is in the morning. When Tyler was dressed in his white polo and shorts, all he wanted to do was run straight into the water. He tried to wiggle out of our arms when we were trying to snap photos. He expressed his discontent to us, over and over, so much so, that the photo shoot ended! :)
The sunsets were awesome!
Grammy and Grandpa babysat for us two nights in a row so we could have "date nights" with Jaime and Girair! We had so much fun going out with them!
Seriously, our week at the beach was the most perfect time with the best family. I loved having everyone together and being able to spend an entire week at the beach, with no other cares in the world other than beach time! Here are the last few pictures of Tyler and I. I was usually the one with the camera, but luckily my dad loves the camera too! Until next year...
New Years {resolutions, of sorts}
9 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment