Tyler's Great Grandmother (GG) came all the way from Upstate New York to see Tyler for the first time! Tyler's auntie Jaime and Grammy also came to visit!
Here is the first time that GG held him:
Spending time with GG:
Auntie Jaime got some quality time with Tyler:
Tyler had his first ride in a swing during their visit:
Family photo shoot before they left:





The weekend didnt go quite as planned. GG fell in our house. We were watching tv and GG went to get a drink of water. When she was walking from the kitchen into the den with her water, she missed the step in between the two rooms and fell. It was type of fall that we watched in slow motion. We immediately went over to her but she tried to convince us that she was not hurt. We joked for a moment about how sturdy the glass was that she was holding, as it never broke. A few moments later, we realized how hurt she was and decided to call an ambulance.
I rode in the ambulance with her. I knew from the moment that we decided to take her to the hospital that there was no way I was going to leave her in the hospital, even if that meant spending the night with her, and that is exactly what I did. I felt so terrible that the fall happened in our house. We had been looking forward to this visit for a long time. Matt gave me the go ahead that he was comfortable staying home with Tyler. I brought all of my pump supplies with me, pumping in the bathroom. It was my first night ever away from Tyler, as he was only about 5 1/2 weeks old. We all survived. GG ended up not breaking her hip, which was our initial concern. We had planned to go to Cirque De Sole, however were not able to go since GG was in the hospital. Jaime was able to find someone to give the tickets to. There were also terrible tornados that weekend that everyone was here. Luckily, our home and all of our friends were okay. It was definitely a weekend I will not forget, however I am so grateful that GG was able to see Tyler and that she left our house "break free!"
It was great to have four generations in the same house! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment